09:21AM, Wednesday 16 November 2016
Discarded cigarette butts could have been the cause of a bin fire at flats in Langley last night.
Crews from Slough, Langley, Windsor and London were called to the blaze in Common Road at 10.00pm.
They used breathing apparatus and a hose reel to put out the fire and stayed after to make the building safe.
Firefighter Graeme Hartley, from Langley Fire Station, said he believed the cause was discarded cigarette butts.
He said: “We would ask people to be very careful of disposing cigarette butts, and not smoking in the bin stores.”
During the weekend, firefighters were sent to the neighbouring block of flats, Byron House four times due to bin fires. They believe the cause of these fires was also due to cigarette butts.
Yesterday a meeting was held with the Residents Association, Thames Valley Police, Community Wardens and the Estate Owners with firefighters about the incidents.
Top Ten Articles
Two Slough men who launched an ‘unprovoked attack’ on a man and a woman in Maidenhead town centre have been sentenced to four and a half years in prison.
The communications team for Burger King in Slough High Street have attempted to cover up the discovery of maggots in the store with a ‘cleaning story’ – before accidentally revealing the truth in an email blunder.