Fri, 21
21 °C
Sat, 22
19 °C
Sun, 23
20 °C

Firefighters offer safety advice after Langley washing machine fire

Tara O'Connor

Reporter:

Tara O'Connor

0
Firefighters deal with small fire at Slough recycling centre

A washing machine fire was dealt with by firefighters from Slough this morning.
They were called to a house in Bridgewater Court, Langley at about 11.30am by the homeowner.
The small fire was caused because the drum had stopped spinning but the motor was trying to turn it.
It did not damage the rest of the house but caused an ‘awful smell’.
Watch manager Andy Gibbons advised people not run their washing machines when out of the house or sleeping.
He also recommended registering ‘white goods’ at registermyappliance.org.uk which notifies you when there is a recall on a product you own.

Comments

Leave your comment

Share your opinions on

Characters left: 1500

Most Shared

Most Commented

Top Ten Articles