10:30AM, Wednesday 28 June 2017
Firefighters had to be called to a blaze in a high-rise block of flats this morning (Wednesday).
Crews from Langley and Slough were sent to Broom House, in Reddington Drive, Langley, at about 8.30am to deal with a fire in some bins.
Although the cause has not yet been confirmed, it is thought to have started when something, possibly a lit cigarette, was thrown down a bin chute.
It took about an hour and a half to bring the situation under control and make the scene safe. No one was injured.
Following the Grenfell fire tragedy, the leader of Slough Borough Council, Cllr Sohail Munawar, said Broom House would be subject to an ‘urgent review’ as the tower block is fully occupied.
Cllr Munawar said Broom House, along with Poplar House, would be likely to undergo further independent inspections and that the council would be working with the fire service to discuss any ‘other measures’ which might need to be implemented.
Top Ten Articles
Police raided addresses in Lillibrooke Crescent, Cox Green, and in Crown Lane, Farnham Royal, at about 7.15am.
Police are appealing for witnesses following the crash at about 4.30am in Riding Court Road and involved one vehicle, a black BMW 3 Series.