Wed, 20
15 °C
Thu, 21
15 °C
Fri, 22
15 °C

Football round-up: Flood on target as Slough Town are held by Basingstoke Town

Slough Town 1, Basingstoke Town 1

Chris Flood came to Slough Town’s rescue last night, scoring a 79th minute equaliser in their 1-1 draw with Basingstoke Town.

The result lifts the Rebels to fifth in the Southern League Premier Division table, and, despite being disappointed not to have won, joint manager Jon Underwood said he was feeling positive about the remainder of the campaign.

The Rebels fell behind in the 70th minute when Jack Knight rifled a shot beyond Jack Turner, but the home side kept pressing and were eventually rewarded when Simon Dunn linked up brilliantly with Flood on the edge of the box and the latter swept the ball high into the net.

They might have won it at the death as well, but Warren Harris directed Guy Hollis’ cross wide of the mark in the 93rd minute.

Reflecting on the result on Twitter, Underwood said: “Always disappointed when we don’t win, but the lads showed great character and gave us everything. Back in the top five and feeling positive.”

Slough sit nine points behind fourth placed Kettering Town with four matches in hand. They are due to host Frome Town on Saturday.


Flackwell Heath 7, Chinnor 1

Flackwell Heath cantered through to the final of the Wycombe Senior Cup with a 7-1 win over Chinnor last night.

Both sides were reduced to 10 men in the second half, but by that stage the Heathens had their spot in the final pretty much wrapped up.

Dean Allen put them ahead in the third minute before James Mansfield and Sheridan Campbell scored to give the hosts a healthy 3-1 advantage at the break.

Campbell netted a second half hat-trick, to take his tally for the tie to four goals while Charlie Samuel also found the net to complete a comprehensive victory.

Afterwards manager Marcus Richardson tweeted: “A fine performance from the lads. The youngsters are growing into men’s football very well with the experience of the elders. It’s actually a joy to be managing such a good bunch of lads.”


Windsor 0, MK Dons 5

Windsor endured a miserable second half as they crashed out of the Berks & Bucks Senior Cup against MK Dons last night.

The Royalists conceded five times after the interval and also saw George Gould given his marching orders in the final minutes after he picked up his second yellow card.

Having frustrated their League 1 visitors in the first half, Windsor fell behind in the 52nd minute when Thomas-Asante scored from the spot. The floodgates opened at Stag Meadow after that. Thomas-Asante completed his hat-trick with goals in the 64th and 66th minutes to all but seal their progression into the semi-finals. Further  goals from Nesbitt and Jackson rubbed salt in Windsor’s wounds.

MK Dons will  host Slough Town in the semi-finals. The date of the fixture is still to be confirmed.


Abingdon Town 1, Burnham 2

Paul Shone picked up his second win as Burnham boss after the Blues beat Abingdon Town in the Supplementary Cup last night.

Calvin Morgan fired the visitors in front before Aaron Jewell completed the cup win with his first goal for the club.

Burnham will be chasing their third straight win when they visit Lydney Town on Saturday.


Leave your comment

Share your opinions on

Characters left: 1500

Most Recent

Most read

Top Ten Articles