Wed, 22
25 °C
Thu, 23
22 °C
Fri, 24
17 °C

Greenhouse destroyed by coal burner fire

A caution over lighting open fires indoors has been given by firefighters after a fire broke out in a greenhouse in Stoke Poges Lane on Sunday afternoon.

Firefighters from Slough Fire Station were called to the garden greenhouse at 5.30pm and spent about an hour tackling the blaze.

A coal burner had been used to keep the plants inside warm before the greenhouse was burnt down.

Crew manager Mark Pritchard said: "We would advise people not to use open fires inside wooden buildings.”

No one was injured.

Comments

Leave your comment

Share your opinions on

Characters left: 1500

Most Recent

Most read

Top Ten Articles

AS IT HAPPENED: A-level results day 2018

AS IT HAPPENED: A-level results day 2018

Hundreds of students across East Berkshire and South Bucks collected their results on Thursday, August 16

Our reporting team spoke to students in Slough, Windsor and Maidenhead throughout the morning with the latest reaction, stories, photos and pass rates from schools across the area.