12:38PM, Friday 27 July 2018
Firefighters rescued a Jack Russell last night (Thursday), after it became trapped in a storm drain at a disused golf course near Stoke Road.
A fire engine from Slough Fire Station and a heavy rescue unit from Reading were called to the disused Lanes Golf Course at 9pm, where firefighters located the dog using specialist equipment.
Firefighters used shovels to make cracks in the pipe and free the dog, which was stuck about three feet underground.
The dog was rescued unharmed and returned to its owner.
Top Ten Articles
A 15-year-old boy was threatened with a knife and what was claimed to be a bottle of acid and robbed at Slough Railway Station last week.