09:13AM, Friday 10 May 2019
A house was evacuated after faulty electrics caused an airing cupboard to catch fire near Slough last night.
At about 10pm one crew from Langley and two from Slough attended a house fire in Gilmore Close.
Firefighters were on the scene for about an hour and a half, and managed to prevent the fire from spreading to other places in the house.
The two occupants were evacuated and the house sustained heavy smoke damage. No people were harmed in the incident.
Top Ten Articles
The statue, which was put up on a plinth in the High Street in November 2018 to commemorate 100 years since the First World War, was damaged beyond repair and has not been replaced.