Fri, 28
11 °C
Sat, 29
11 °C
Sun, 01
9 °C

Kamran Maman murdered after petrol station row, court hears

Kamran Maman murdered after petrol station row, court hears

Paul Miles

Kamran Maman murdered after petrol station row, court hears
Kamran Maman
A father ambushed by a group of men in his own street in Chalvey had his head 'kicked and stamped' on, a court heard.

The trial of Leon Baptiste, Aiden Wall, and Tyrone Lake began at Reading Crown Court on Monday.

They are accused of the murder of Kamran Maman, and of carrying out violent disorder, in the early hours of Saturday, May 18.

On Tuesday the jury was told Mr Maman, 36, was dragged from a car and ambushed by a group of up to 20 black men in Brammas Close, where a party was taking place.

Amjad Malik QC, prosecuting, told the court Mr Maman and Wall, 25, had an argument in the nearby Murco petrol station in High Street just minutes before the attack, which took place shortly after 3am.

Mr Malik explained to the jury how Wall, of Gordon Road, Camberley, had instructed Maman, who was driving in a blue Renault Mégane with three friends, to follow his Ford Mondeo back to Brammas Close.

"What he was not aware of was that Wall had decided to organise an ambush," Mr Malik said.

The court heard Wall made two calls to his friend Tyrone Lake, 24, of Newchurch Road, Britwell, who was at the party and was told to arrange an attack.

"Through Lake he was going to organise the group of men to ambush Mr Maman and his friends," Mr Malik told the court.

"Lake was receiving information, the prosecution says, from Wall, and he assured that the group of men were informed of what was required and what was intended."

Having travelled back to Brammas Close, where Mr Maman lived, the court was told the group of men was waiting and started launching glass bottles at the car.

"The purpose was to pull Maman out of the car," Mr Malik said.

"Once he was out of the car Mr Maman was assaulted by a least two assailants, kicked and stamped on his head."

Despite his attempts to drive back down the street, Mr Maman was 'forcibly grabbed' by Wall and pulled from the passenger side of the vehicle. His friends drove off.

Baptiste, 24, of Hull Close, Cippenham, was also part of the attacking group, the court heard, and left his finger prints on the vehicle.

"Everything that happened in that street occurred within two minutes," Mr Malik told the jury.

"This is how quick and determined this ambush was."

Mr Maman died from his injuries in John Radcliffe Hospital, Oxford, two days later.

Yesterday the jury made a site visit to the scene of the attack.

The trial continues.


Leave your comment

Share your opinions on

Characters left: 1500

Paid Stories

Most read

Top Ten Articles