05:40PM, Sunday 22 October 2017
Firefighters have praised quick-thinking staff who helped prevent a fire at a recycling centre.
Crews were called to Lakeside Energy from Waste, near the Colbrook bypass, at about 2.30pm following reports of a blaze in a paper baler.
However, by the time they arrived at the facility the blaze had been largely extinguished, although firefighters still spent about an hour and a half ensuring the scene was totally safe.
Crew manager Aman Sharma of Langley Fire Station said staff had ‘reacted brilliantly’.
The trust in charge of Khalsa Secondary Academy has lost a legal battle to keep control – following evidence of a ‘serious breakdown’ in governance and safeguarding.
New images have been released showing how Slough High Street could look if the redevelopment of the Queensmere Shopping Centre goes ahead.