Sun, 19
25 °C
Mon, 20
23 °C
Tue, 21
25 °C

Fairy lights cause house fire in Cippenham

Firefighters attended a house fire in Cippenham last night, caused by Christmas fairy lights plugged into an overloaded plug socket.

Two fire engines from Slough were sent to the scene in Moreton Way at about 9.30pm to put out the fire, which was contained within the living room.

Officers used breathing apparatus and a hose reel to put out the flames, but said there was quite a bit of smoke damage to the house.

No one was injured in the fire as the owners had been alerted by their smoke alarm, and made their way to safety.

Comments

Leave your comment

Share your opinions on

Characters left: 1500

Most Recent

Most read

Top Ten Articles

AS IT HAPPENED: A-level results day 2018

AS IT HAPPENED: A-level results day 2018

Hundreds of students across East Berkshire and South Bucks collected their results on Thursday, August 16

Our reporting team spoke to students in Slough, Windsor and Maidenhead throughout the morning with the latest reaction, stories, photos and pass rates from schools across the area.