09:18AM, Sunday 17 December 2017
A pan left in the oven caused a fire in a Slough flat in the early hours of this morning (Sunday).
Firefighters were called to Grays Place at about 3am after a fire started in the sixth floor of a block of flats.
Police were also on the scene and rescued a 19-year-old man and woman from the flat and evacuated the rest of the floor.
The fire was caused by plastic handled frying pan which had been put in the oven.
The floor was ventilated and one flat sustained smoke damage.
Both 19-year-olds were checked over by paramedics at the scene but did not need hospital treatment.
Two pumps from Slough were there for an hour and teams from Langley, Windsor and Maidenhead also attended.
A new Maidenhead father has hit out at a registry office for the way they have handled the official registering of his baby in Slough.
The race to get as many people vaccinated against coronavirus has ramped up in the Royal Borough and Slough amidst an ongoing rise in cases across the country.
The perilous state of Slough Borough Council’s finances has been revealed with the council predicted to have a £159 million deficit by 2024/25 if drastic action is not taken.