06:50PM, Friday 07 August 2015
A PANICKED mother called the fire brigade after she accidentally locked herself out of her flat, leaving her 10 month old baby alone inside the home where a pan was boiling on the stove.
Fire fighters from Slough fire station were called by the woman to Chatham Court in Grove Close, Slough at 2pm today.
The door had closed behind her and locked her out after she answered the doorbell while cooking lunch.
The woman called her husband home from work but became anxious when she heard the smoke alarm sound inside.
The fire crew arrived on the scene shortly after the husband had arrived and taken the mother and baby outside to safety.
Fire fighters removed the pan from the stove and checked the premises over.
Nobody was hurt and there was no damage to the property.
A new Maidenhead father has hit out at a registry office for the way they have handled the official registering of his baby in Slough.
The race to get as many people vaccinated against coronavirus has ramped up in the Royal Borough and Slough amidst an ongoing rise in cases across the country.
The perilous state of Slough Borough Council’s finances has been revealed with the council predicted to have a £159 million deficit by 2024/25 if drastic action is not taken.