Tue, 21
25 °C
Wed, 22
26 °C
Thu, 23
20 °C

Slough flat fire prompts warning from firefighters

Firefighters have warned against leaving internal doors open after a fire gutted a home in Slough this morning.
Three pumps from Slough and Langley were called to the house fire in Furnival Avenue at about 9.30am.
The fire started in the kitchen and spread to the whole of the first floor flat.
Nobody was in at the time and the flat below was not affected.
Crew manager Barry Ashton said: "The fire spread because all the doors were open.
"We advise keeping the doors to each room closed, especially the kitchen door."
Firefighters were at the scene for about two hours.

Comments

Leave your comment

Share your opinions on

Characters left: 1500

Most Recent

Most read

Top Ten Articles

AS IT HAPPENED: A-level results day 2018

AS IT HAPPENED: A-level results day 2018

Hundreds of students across East Berkshire and South Bucks collected their results on Thursday, August 16

Our reporting team spoke to students in Slough, Windsor and Maidenhead throughout the morning with the latest reaction, stories, photos and pass rates from schools across the area.