01:42PM, Saturday 03 February 2018
A 22-year-old-man man from Burnham had to be rescued from his flat last night (Friday) after falling asleep with the oven on.
A crew from Slough fire station gained entry into the second floor flat in North Burnham Close, at about 11.30pm.
They rescued the occupier who had put food inside the appliance before falling asleep.
The man, who was suffering from smoke inhalation, was taken to hospital after being treated at the scene by South Central Ambulance Service.
A new Maidenhead father has hit out at a registry office for the way they have handled the official registering of his baby in Slough.
The race to get as many people vaccinated against coronavirus has ramped up in the Royal Borough and Slough amidst an ongoing rise in cases across the country.
The perilous state of Slough Borough Council’s finances has been revealed with the council predicted to have a £159 million deficit by 2024/25 if drastic action is not taken.