10:04AM, Saturday 05 January 2019
About 50 people were evacuated from a block of flats in Slough after a kitchen fire broke out.
Fire crews from Slough, Langley and Windsor were called to Stratfield Road at 6.15pm yesterday evening to deal with the fire, which started inside the oven of one of the flats while the occupant was cooking.
No people were hurt in the incident, but the whole block of flats was evacuated as a precaution.
Firefighters were on the scene for about an hour, using a hose reel and two breathing apparatus to help combat the flames.
A new Maidenhead father has hit out at a registry office for the way they have handled the official registering of his baby in Slough.
The race to get as many people vaccinated against coronavirus has ramped up in the Royal Borough and Slough amidst an ongoing rise in cases across the country.
The perilous state of Slough Borough Council’s finances has been revealed with the council predicted to have a £159 million deficit by 2024/25 if drastic action is not taken.