09:37AM, Saturday 19 January 2019
An elderly man was evacuated from his flat in Slough after a cooker fire in the early hours of this morning (Saturday).
At about 4.30am, two fire crews from Slough, as well as one each from Langley and Windsor, attended the man's flat in Apsley House, Stratfield Road.
The man - believed to be between 85 and 90 years old - was taken to Wexham Park Hospital with smoke inhalation.
Damage to the flat was minimal and firefighters spent about an hour and a half on the scene.
Top Ten Articles
A non-existent hospital in Slough has been trending on social media after the Brexit Party founder claimed patients are being treated there after flying in from abroad.