Fri, 06
13 °C
Sat, 07
10 °C
Sun, 08
13 °C

Fire breaks out below block of flats in Slough High Street

George Roberts

Discarded cigarette butts cause bin fire in Langley

Firefighters were called to a fire underneath a block of flats in Slough High Street last night.

Two crews from Slough Fire Station were called to the car park underneath Princes House at 10pm last night.

A fire had started inside a bin store - a box containing bins - and the smoke was affecting the people in the flats above.

Firefighters suspect the fire was caused by someone throwing a cigarette into the bin store. They spent about an hour on the scene.

The crews managed to prevent the fire from spreading to the flats, and no people needed to be evacuated from the building. No people were harmed in the incident.

Comments

Leave your comment

Share your opinions on

Characters left: 1500

Paid Stories

Most read

Top Ten Articles

M4 closures this weekend

M4 closures this weekend

The motorway will be out of action from junction 6 for Slough and 8/9, Maidenhead from 8pm tomorrow night (Friday), until 6am Monday.