Sat, 14
8 °C
Sun, 15
9 °C
Mon, 16
10 °C

Bedroom fire started from candles in Farnham Common

Fire services called to oven fire in Maidenhead

Firefighters have warned about leaving candles alight following a house fire in Farnham Common.

Two crews from Slough were called to a property in Mayflower Way at about 11pm last night.

They extinguished the fire, which started in a bedroom and caused damage to the upper floor.

The occupants of the property were not at home when the fire started – they alerted the fire brigade when they returned home to the blaze.

Firefighters were are the scene for about two hours. No one was injured.

Crew manager Hoglett said: “The fire service advises candles are always in proper candle holders and fully extinguished before leaving the property.”


Leave your comment

Share your opinions on

Characters left: 1500

Paid Stories

Most read

Top Ten Articles

M4 closures this weekend

M4 closures this weekend

The motorway will be out of action from junction 6 for Slough and 8/9, Maidenhead from 8pm tomorrow night (Friday), until 6am Monday.