Tue, 11
33 °C
Wed, 12
32 °C
Thu, 13
28 °C

Firefighters called to bathroom fire at elderly woman’s flat in Slough

Fire fighters attend fire in Langley flat

Firefighters were called to a fire at an elderly woman’s flat in Slough last night.

The blaze started at a ground floor property in Northampton Place after an extractor fan caught alight.

It fell onto a toilet seat below and melted all the plastic, creating a thick black smoke.

Crews from Slough, Windsor and Maidenhead were called to the scene at midnight.

When they arrived, the 90-year-old occupant had managed to get herself outside.

Crews managed to extinguish the bathroom fire with paramedics treating the pensioner for smoke inhalation.

Leave your comment

Share your opinions on

Characters left: 1500

Editor's Picks

Most read

Top Ten Articles