Reminder to 'keep looking if you're cooking' after Slough blaze

Shay Bottomley

shayb@baylismedia.co.uk
Fire fighters attend fire in Langley flat

Maidenhead Fire Station has issued a safety message after firefighters attended a blaze in Slough.

The fire started when someone at the property on the fifth floor became distracted whilst they were cooking.

An evacuation of the five-storey block was required as a precaution whilst firefighters, wearing breathing apparatus and using a hose reel, extinguished the flames.

Nobody was injured as a result of the fire, and all residents, bar those in the affected property, have since been allowed to return to their homes.

A spokesperson for the fire station said: “The message from us is to keep looking if you’re cooking.

“Don’t leave it or get distracted – if you need to go away from it, switch it off, do what you need to do and then carry on.”

Leave your comment

Share your opinions on

Characters left: 1500

Editor's Picks

Most read

Top Articles