Tue, 21
23 °C
Wed, 22
24 °C
Thu, 23
21 °C

Chicken shop fire in Slough tackled by firefighters

Tara O'Connor

Tara O'Connor

Chicken shop fire in Slough tackled by firefighters

Firefighters have warned against leaving electrical appliances on overnight after a fire in a Slough chicken shop today.

Crews from Langley, Slough and Gerrards Cross were called to Peri Peri Original in the High Street at 11.20am.

A kitchen appliance, used to warm food, was left on overnight and caught fire.

The fire was discovered by a member of staff who could hear the building’s fire alarm but did not have a key to get in.

Firefighters made a forced entry to the chicken shop and dealt with the fire.

Watch manager from Langley firestation Andy Gibbons reminded the public to ‘always ensure electrical items are switched off’.

Comments

Leave your comment

Share your opinions on

Characters left: 1500

Most Recent

Most read

Top Ten Articles

AS IT HAPPENED: A-level results day 2018

AS IT HAPPENED: A-level results day 2018

Hundreds of students across East Berkshire and South Bucks collected their results on Thursday, August 16

Our reporting team spoke to students in Slough, Windsor and Maidenhead throughout the morning with the latest reaction, stories, photos and pass rates from schools across the area.