04:59PM, Thursday 19 February 2026
Archive image of Maidenhead Golf Course
Building work as part of the redevelopment of Maidenhead Golf Course could start in 2027 and last until 2040, planning documents have suggested.
A more detailed timeline of the sweeping 1,500 home Elizabeth Quarter project has been described in information provided on behalf of Cala Homes to the council.
Maidenhead Golf Club vacated its Shoppenhangers Road site of 130 years on New Year’s Eve, ahead of construction work getting underway on the major housebuilding scheme.
Developer Cala Homes previously hailed a ‘significant milestone’ being reached as it secured outline planning permission for its major housing plans at Maidenhead Golf Course in February 2025.
As a condition of its planning permission, the developer was mandated to provide a timeline of how it would deliver its plans.
In a ‘neighbourhood infrastructure strategy’ submitted this month, a glimpse at how up to 13-years of work is likely to progress has been unveiled.
In ‘phase 1’, between 2027 and 2030, the developer plans to build 130 residential houses at the southern area of the former golf course site. Phases 2 to 5, between 2030 and 2035, are set to see the bulk of work take place, during which time the developer estimates between 600-875 homes will be built across the golf course.
The remainder of homes, estimated to be between 470-640, are set to be completed in five years between 2035 and 2040 in phases 7 and 8 at the northern area of the site.
Elizabeth Quarter, which features ancient woodland at Rushington Copse, includes what Cala Homes described a ‘green spine’ linking one end of the site to the other.
In the centre, development is planned which will include shops, amenity space.
Healthcare facilities, as well as a primary school and secondary school, are also included as part of the wider proect.
The timeline describes how the planning application for the school should be made within six months of when the 500th Elizabeth Quarter home is occupied.
An application for a new secondary school would need to be submitted when the 1000th home is occupied.
Healthcare facilities in the southern neighbourhood are intended to be under development before 30 per cent of homes are constructed there.
This changes to 50 per cent, planning documents said, ‘if the council is unable to enter into a legally binding agreement with an NHS healthcare provider’.
Further details are also revealed regarding plans for road improvements to those access points servicing Elizabeth Quarter.
A junction at Harvest Hill East should be in place by 2035, the timeline said, while junctions at Harvest Hill West and Shoppenhangers Road should be ready by 2040 at the latest.
The strategy documents said its timeline showed ‘compliance’ with environmental conditions, and the requirements as part of its outline planning approval.
It added: “We therefore trust that this is sufficient to allow the application to be progressed by the Council.”
Most read
Top Articles
A Slough man has been jailed for exposing himself at people's addresses in Maidenhead, Slough and Windsor.
The first Captain’s Drive In took place at Mill Ride in Ascot on Sunday to mark the start of the club’s year, which saw more than 100 members attend the ‘incredibly well-supported event’.
Murder investigators have been carrying out searches in connection with the disappearance of Andrzej Mucha in 2021.