09:30AM, Wednesday 10 July 2019
Fire crews were called to a kitchen fire in Thorndike, Slough, at 9pm last night.
Items of clothing that were left on an oven hob caught fire, burning the clothes and causing superficial damage to the surrounding kitchen units.
Two appliances from Slough and one from Langley attended the scene for about 40 minutes.
No one in the family home was harmed.
Top Ten Articles
The statue, which was put up on a plinth in the High Street in November 2018 to commemorate 100 years since the First World War, was damaged beyond repair and has not been replaced.