Thu, 22
15 °C
Fri, 23
13 °C
Sat, 24
16 °C

Resident hospitalised for smoke inhalation from Britwell Estate fire

Adrian Williams

Adrian Williams

adrianw@baylismedia.co.uk
Discarded cigarette butts cause bin fire in Langley

A Britwell resident had to be taken away by an ambulance after inhaling smoke from a fire last night.

At 11pm, firefighters were called to a first-floor flat in the Britwell Estate.

Two engines from Slough Fire Station and one from Langley attended the scene, with breathing apparatus and a hose reel. They were there for a hour.

There was smoke damage to the property and the occupant was taken away for treatment for smoke inhalation by South Central Ambulance Service.

“This highlights the importance of having a working smoke alarm and checking it regularly,” said firefighters from the Slough station.

Leave your comment

Share your opinions on

Characters left: 1500

Editor's Picks

Most read

Top Ten Articles